Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A true patriot

Here is an article that ran in The New York Times recently by the CEO of Netflix entitled "Please Raise My Taxes," offering a better suggestion to President Obama's restrictions on CEO pay.

I’M the chief executive of a publicly traded company and, like my peers, I’m very highly paid. The difference between salaries like mine and those of average Americans creates a lot of tension, and I’d like to offer a suggestion. President Obama should celebrate our success, rather than trying to shame us or cap our pay. But he should also take half of our huge earnings in taxes, instead of the current one-third. Click here to continue reading
This, I think, is civic virtue at its best.

I'm not much of a political blogger, so I don't normally get in to the "see I'm right" kind of snippy posting, but here I've just got to say...

TAKE THIS, YOU SUPPLY-SIDE ZOMBIES! I mean that with all the love possible.

No comments: